Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Sock FO's

As I promised here are some finished sock photos:


Okay, don't judge, these are the first socks I ever knit. Um, learned that Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece does NOT have enough stretch to make a good pair of socks. And that the same said yarn fuzzes up a lot in the washing machine. Basic toe-down ribbed sock pattern, I doubled the yarn in the heels which worked out well. Enjoyed giving the top cuff, heel, and toe a contrasting color. I mostly just wear them to bed .


This was my next sock, Thuja from Knitty.com, for my dh. The short leg was his choice. I used the same yarn (Artyarns Supermerino) and colorway (119) as in the pattern though it looks a lot darker in this photo (have to remember to take photos in daylight). Also found out that this yarn fuzzes up a lot in the wash too. Maybe it snuck out of the delicates into the jeans. I've also had to mend it already above the heel.



Another pair of socks for the dh. This pattern is from Interweave Knits - gotta look up which one. The yarn is Super Socks & Baby (80% superwash merino/20% nylon) from Tess' Designer Yarns that I picked up at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival last year. This was my first sock yarn that lived up to the name. Comes out of every wash with all the stitch definition I could ask for but is still soft enough for my scratchy wool-sensitive hubby. Hard to see but the color is blue with bits of green.

Next post - socks in progress and planned...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I loved your mention of Sockapalooza saving your blog. That's what I'm hoping for too. It's hard to get a reader base, isn't it?

So I thought I'd check your blog out, knowing that's what I would want someone else to do for me.

Love your first efforts with socks--it becomes infectious after a while, doesn't it?