Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Back in town again...

Just a little lapse in blogging... Was away for work with little time to blog, but managed to fit a lot of fiber related fun into my trip. I was conveniently in Maryland again for the Sheep and Wool Festival and got to check out Stich DC while I was in the area as well. I've got lots of pics to share about the Festival coming soon (tonight with any luck).

Feeling behind on my Sockapalooza socks. I've swatched a few yarns and read tons of patterns, but can't seem to make a decision. At first I was thinking Embossed Leaves in STR Beryl. However, my sock pal seems to like red, so now I'm thinking vanCalcar Acres crimson rioja (of Kitri sock fame). However, I don't know about the pattern now. Definitely lace socks, but what pattern? Do I try to suprise my sock pal or go with a pattern I know she likes? Mostly looking at patterns in the new Favorite Socks book, Socks Socks Socks and Knitty. Unfortunately my fiber travels last week didn't give me many new sock ideas but got me to buy lots of yarn/patterns for new projects :)

Wondering if my secret sock pal has already started yet? Or maybe is waiting for more posts from me to decide? Better start taking pictures of my MD Sheep and Wool Festival purchases then...

No comments: