Wednesday, May 2, 2007

More Socks!

Now for the socks in progress:

Jaywalker from Magknits in Koigu PPM from my favorite yarn shop, Patricia's Yarns. Cute pattern though I hope that the bumpiness evens itself out after blocking. Notice the sock sporting my handy new tin sock holder. I have a different sock holder in wood and I haven't decided which I prefer yet.

And here's my pride and joy right now:

Yes, it doesn't look like much yet, but this is the swatch for a possible sock pal pattern. The yarn is Socks That Rock from Blue Moon Fiber Arts in the Beryl colourway. I'm thinking of doing Embossed Leaves, Merino Lace Socks or Vine Lace Socks. The first two are from the new Interweave Knits book, Favorite Socks, and the last pattern is from Socks, Socks, Socks. What I'm wondering now is whether my sock pal would prefer a pattern that's new to her or a pattern she knows and loves. Hmmmm....

It seems that I knit very loosely compared to whomever printed the skein band. It says size 2, and I know I'm always slightly less than gauge so I tried 1.5, no luck. Then size 1, still not to gauge either so this last try is on size 0. And I'm still a little off. Agh. It feels really firm so I don't know if I should try to go smaller.

No comments: